Tuesday, July 31, 2012

07.31.12

Dear King,

We've moved!  May I just say, FINALLY!!  It seemed to take ages to get here and then ages to accomplish, but it's finally done and over and we're in.  Hoorah!!

I've had a hard time adjusting to the stress of it all.  I wanted to prepare you so on our last night in the old house, I took you on my lap and said we were going to have a very serious moment.

"Yep" you responded with a quick bounce of your head, and feeling that all business had been thusly concluded, you attempted to wriggle away and get on with the business of being three with a roomful of lovely toys.

I held on to you and explained solemnly that this would be the last night we slept in that house and that tomorrow, we would say goodbye and move to our new house.

Again with the "yep" and wriggle.

I persisted though and held on and repeated myself, but was summarily dismissed from your attention span with the same impatient response.

Sigh.  At least I tried. 

The next night, believing the whole affair had been suitably settled in your mind, I realized I was mistaken when you started to whimper as we drove past the old house and told you we were going home.

"Old house" you insisted and I very gently explained to you that the old house was no longer ours and we had a new one with a great big room bedroom for you.  You sniffled for a bit, but calmed down with the promise of a movie and so we tucked ourselves in for the night and drifted off to the sounds of The Last Unicorn. 

This morning you were so enamored with the new house that you didn't want to go to school and had to be winkled out with much coaxing.

We've weathered this new house anxiety pretty rapidly it seems.  (Pats self on back).

 In other news, you have started spouting announcements of odd and charming facts such as "I am beautiful" when we are tucking you in at night or patting your belly and exclaiming "I have little belly" and then reaching out to pat Daddy's belly and inform him with much delight "you have big belly".  While I'm sure that your dear Dad is thrilled with your ability to recognize and and vocalize antonyms, I'm positive he was wishing you had used a different subject as your example.

We received a postcard from Russia most recently.  To be specific, it was from Barnaul, Altai Krai.  Altai Krai is a federal subject of Russian.  Similar to how Florida is it's own state, but it belongs to the country USA.

Some photos of the sights around Barnaul:



The lady who sent us the postcard would like to set up a swap with us.  I don't really know what that is, but I think it's something like sending each other small things from our countries.  I agreed to it and I hope you will find this all interesting someday.

All my love,

Mama

P.S.  See, I did keep my promise that the next letter wouldn't be so down and out, didn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment