Monday, September 5, 2011

09.05.11

Dearëst Zoë,

I put together a little slideshow of our Sunday evening.  We had friends over for potluck.  Many hotdogs and much cake was consumed.  We did an activity together called seed bombs.  Seed bombs are little clumps of clay, soil and seeds rolled together into balls and allowed to dry.  When they are dry, they can be thrown anywhere to deliver a small dose of color into abandoned lots or neglected public spaces.  Seed bombs are a popular item in the guerrilla gardening movement.  Anything that can combine gardening with challenging the status quo is of intense interest to me. Plus, this had the added bonus of playing with mud!  You, on other hand, were not eager to dig into this activity.  You were ok with the clay, but never touched the mud at all.  lol  With your nascent interest in purses, shoes and make up already making itself known and your aversion to mud and all things down and dirty, I can see you're well on your way to becoming your own person, someone very independent of her mama's interests.  It's ok because I want you to be free to be your own person, even if it's not a direction I would personally choose.  However you turn out is fine by me as long as you're kind to others, good to yourself, and not breaking any laws.  I love you sweetness, and I know you're going to grow into a wonderful woman because you're already an amazing little girl. 




All my love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment