Saturday, August 27, 2011

08.27.11

Dearëst Zoë,

I haven't been on here to post in a little while because honestly I haven't felt like too much of a great mother lately.  I made a terrible mistake, and unfortunately, you paid the highest price for it.  I left my anti-anxiety medication in my purse on the dining room table.  You got into the bottle and it made you very sick.  We stayed in the hospital 2 days while you got well again.  Your daddy and I were so worried and feeling such terrible guilt.  I should have protected you more.  There's a dozen things I should have done and I didn't.  The one consolation is that you're ok now and we have learned from this to be much more aware of everything that you could possibly get into and be harmed by.  It's just not enough to say how sorry I am.  I've never felt worse than watching you go through that ordeal.  I love you, sweetness.  I love you so much.

All my love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment