Friday, November 18, 2011

11.18.11

My Dearëst Zoë,

Bonjour, my little sugar bunny!  I was thinking that perhaps we should learn French together.  I've always had a passion for the language and an interest in French culture and it is supposed to be that little ones can absorb language better at your young age.  I hope to teach you much about different countries, cultures and customs from around the world.  It was very beneficial for me to be raised in a multi-cultural home and to experience traveling to other countries and I would like to pass that gift on down to you as well.  It makes you marvel at the variety in the world and to be more aware and grateful for your own customs and traditions as well as respectful of others.  

Speaking of which, we received another postcard.  This one was from Christoph, a 20-year old German medical student.  It showed an aerial view of Volkach a Main, a very ancient German town most famous for its wine.

Our postcard almost looked like the image below, but a photograph instead of a painting.   The postcard shows mostly what I believe is marked as Nordham on the map below.   





 I love the stonework in the village.

Picturesque stone buildings on the shore of a lake. 












Wouldn't you love to visit here one day?  Maybe we will.  You never know. 

All my love,

Mère  



No comments:

Post a Comment