Saturday, September 22, 2012

09.22.12

Dearëst Zoë,

A full year has rolled around again and we are on the verge of celebrating 4 wonderful years of Zoë on this earth.  I don't know if every kid can be as awesome as you, but may I just say that it is a privilege and a joy to be your parent.  Your silly habits and goofy antics keep me laughing more than I ever did in my life BZ (that's before Zoë).


You have just begun learning your A, B, C's and how to spell your name.  Your Dad and I are very proud of this new accomplishment.  The other day, you won an award in your pre-school for the awesome job you did drawing your shapes.  Your teacher says you are as smart as a whip, but of course, we already knew that. 

Your birthday party will be soon at McGough Nature Park.  We are having a park ranger come out and give a talk about the cane toads.  He will have one to pick up.  I'm curious to see if you will or not because you can be kind of squeamish sometimes.  The theme of your party is princesses because that's what you're in to.  Every morning when it's time to get dressed, you cry if you have to wear shorts and keep telling us "I want to be a princess".  You love dresses and skirts. 

Today, we added two new members to our family; Momo-ji and Banana, two little finches.  Momo-ji is named for Aunty Mo with the Indian honorific of -ji and Banana was because when I asked you what the bird's name should be, you said something I couldn't understand but sounded like Banana.  You have been very interested in them all afternoon, but maybe a little too interested as you shook the cage a couple of times like it was a maraca in a cha-cha contest. 

We received a postcard today from Kaunas in Lithuania.  Kaunas is the second largest city in that country and dates back to the 1413. 




It looks very pretty, doesn't it?  

All my love, 

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment